Grace like Rain

Can you feel it?!

It is pouring down all over you! Look up, close your eyes, taste it on your lips, and then take a drink from the only source that can satisfy your deepest longings.

God's grace is like rain pouring down all over me and my stains are COMPLETELY and TOTALLY washed away.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The case of the missing.....

....what?!

Yes, that is what I would have said if I just happened upon this lovely specimen, but I was handed this and told what it was... Gum, yes...gum, lots of gum.

Story:

Well, per advice of a good friend, I started putting the girls in different rooms for 'rest time'. I rotate them, so every day is exciting and new. I don't require them to sleep, but just to sit quietly and read, play stuffed animals, etc....well, on this particular day I had Hannah in my bed....my curious little Hannah. I took a quick, 10min, cat nap on the couch, and went to check on Hannah when I got up and found her looking like she was caught--you know that kind of face they give you. I didn't notice anything strange so I didn't say anything, just kinda gave her 'the eye'. Well, that night I go to get into bed and there are gum wrappers everywhere...under our pillows under the blankets but there was no gum. Kevin assumed that she ate it, but I know I didn't see her chewing on anything so I thought I would ask her the next day. I asked all three if they knew what happened to my gum. Emma said, "daddy, that stinker, ate all your gum again.". Nora said, "Not me...!" and Hannah said nothing and gave me a pout. I gave the whole, 'well, God knows speech' and talked about lying a bit and then 10 min later Hannah came crying to me telling me what she did, BUT she said that she didn't eat it....Hmmmm, so where is that gum.

Later on that day she came up to me and said, "Here mommy, here is your gum." (now this is about 2 packs of Trident)
but then this morning, while making my bed I found under my pillow another BIG chunk of Gum....and I think that is all of it, case closed, until next time....
what can I learn from this....don't take a cap nap when Hannah is in my room.
(although part of her punishment is that she cannot be trusted in my room for a good amount of time)

1 comment:

gina said...

That is hilarious. One of mine was not allowed to put toothpaste on the toothbrush for quite a while because they could not be trusted to not eat it. Also, I know that guilty look. You painted quite a vivid picture in my mind.