Grace like Rain
Can you feel it?!
It is pouring down all over you! Look up, close your eyes, taste it on your lips, and then take a drink from the only source that can satisfy your deepest longings.
God's grace is like rain pouring down all over me and my stains are COMPLETELY and TOTALLY washed away.
It is pouring down all over you! Look up, close your eyes, taste it on your lips, and then take a drink from the only source that can satisfy your deepest longings.
God's grace is like rain pouring down all over me and my stains are COMPLETELY and TOTALLY washed away.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Warming up in the sun
The girls and I have been spending a lot of time on blankets...playing, reading, eating. This particular day they were playing and I was reading and when I looked up there he was sitting right next to me, maybe 2 inches away.
OH MY GOSH, yes I am afraid of snakes, you should have seen me jump. He didn't just slide by either, he was on my blanket for 45 min or more. Then he suddenly started licking the air and took off after this large frog (which Hannah saw early on and we had been looking for him). Well, he found him and ate him right in front of us and we had to listen to that poor frog squeal the whole way down. I have pictures but I really don't think you want to see those.
Sorry for not blogging much lately. I will get back into it, just have a lot going on right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I can't believe you stayed around to take pictures. You're a braver woman than I. Wow. What a day.
oh yes. yes dear. we want to see those pictures!!! haven't you ever read the little prince? we've all seen the worst. the snake eat an elephant! =)
you should put them on flickr in a set marked "caution:snake" and i will see them. =)
you are SO scared to be able to tick around with this fellow through all of THAT. 45 minutes on your blanket, and watching him eat your frog! (he was your frog, since you saw him first)
=)
okay, i probably should have read that before posting it. I say "you AREN'T so scared to be able to STICK around with this fellow..." sorry about that. =)
That would've scared me too, only because eeek, how'd I not know it wsa there LOL!
that's so funny... well, except for the frog eating part... I wonder if my boys would think it was cool or if they'd be emotionally scarred for life. :-) Really funny... earlier tonight I was like "hey, Mark, I forgot to tell you that the other day I came in the house for a few minutes and glanced out the window to see Elijah holding a snake with it's head dangling down by Elijah's knees!" Cam was bent down practically kissing the snakes' face! I was like "Ummm, Elijah honey, could you please put the snake down before Cam gets bit!?" Eli said nonchalantly(sp) "Oh, it's just a garter snake!" I still had him let the thing go. Every day now the boys are trying to catch a few snakes that are up one of our hills in the woods. No reports of frog-eating though!
Well, I didn't sit there with him...I used the zoom on my camera to get some photos. I wanted to watch where he was going so I could keep and eye on him and not have him surprise me again.
Also, the girls love things like that, so...I try my best to hide my fear and appear interested.
They scream for joy whenever they find an ant and want me to come running to check it out...SO, a snake eating a frog is a very cool thing.
I will try and get the pictures posted for you lora. :)
Ok, that is just sick....try to SAVE the frog next time...he may catch it and eat it later...but at least NOT ON YOUR WATCH!!!! Poor little frog!
Yeah, I don't think we could've watched the snake eat the frog either. (I can handle all kinds of gross human things, like blood, vomit, poop, and secretions from about anywhere, but show me a hurting or dying animal, and I want to cry my eyes out.) I have a feeling our girls would LOVE hunting ants together though! Mine find them in the house, pick them up, and carry them gently outside. I even found a huge spider in my sink one time, and I had to capture it to take outside because Elise and I had just finished reading Charlotte's Web. How could I kill a spider after that??!!
Um......that snake doesn't look small! YIKES!!! Only you would have stuck around to take pictures, although I must admit it must have been rather cool watching him eat a frog! :)
Post a Comment