I have been stocking up on field guides for at least 5 yrs now and I find them a wonderful thing to have around.
Containers to keep for future use. Butter containers, and hummus containers make a great place to keep worms, dish out bird seed, and to use for searching for whatever bugs your child may want to keep for a while. Peanut butter jars--I NEVER throw away or give to recycling. We have them all over for frogs, caterpillars, butterflies, pencil holders, a great way of keeping marbles, etc...other misc tins and buckets we find in the 1.00 section at Target and they are in constant use around here.Anything you all keep around to help in the great outdoors?
3 comments:
This is fantastic! I have recently been thinking I needed some field guides, so you have a leg up on me with your stash...great! Also, do you have binoculars in there?
Nevermind. I see them now
We have a few field guides, binoculars (one set in the house and we keep one in the truck), "bug houses" from Target and plastic tweezers to gather up some of the "scarier" bugs, and bug nets are what we've got lying around, plus every type of bucket and container carrying collected leaves, rocks, "flowers", dirt, worms, etc. Messy sometimes but totally fun for them. We also have a microscope- 2 actually- for the weeks in the summer we want to freeze the bugs and get really good looks at them.
Post a Comment