I just finished reading,
Gift from the Sea, by Anne Morrow Lindbergh, and it is a
MUST read for women of all ages!! (I will include some of it's beauty below)
"Unless I keep the island-quality intact somewhere within me, I will have little to give my husband, my children, my friends or the world at large...women must be still as the axis of a wheel in the midst of her activities, that she must be the pioneer in achieving this stillness, not only for her own salvation, but for the salvation of family life, of society, perhaps even our civilization."
"This is not the life of simplicity but the life of multiplicity that thewise men warn us of….it leads not to unification but tofragmentation…it does not bring grace…it destroys the soul."
This is a great book to keep on your nightstand and to read every few years if not more. (Also a great gift for a busy mom)
2 comments:
Awsome! Thanks for the suggestion! Time to read is so precious now, because it is just small bits here and there (as you WELL know) So it's great to have someone say-- Read this it's worth the time. I get LOST in the CBD catalog! Did you ever finish the book on Jonathon Edwards? It looked so good, I read a biography online about his wife and it was really, really interesting. Take care, hope everyone is on the mend! Tara :)
I would love to read this and am jealous of the pile of books on your nightstand! I am in such dire need of books to read!!! I guess I need to find time to hit up the library!
Post a Comment