I have my doubts. I have my hard days, but overall I love schooling my girls.
I love knowing that I can spend every day with them...that I can be the one to teach them... to see their eyes light up when they learn something new, to be excited with/for them when they finally get a concept that has taken so much work to understand.
I love that they have plenty of time to still be able to play, imagine, create.
I love that science class can take place in the kitchen, at the beach, or while camping. I love that silent reading can take place in a comfortable spot, in pj's, on a rainy day.

It is not easy to have to study each of them individually to find out the best way they learn and how to adjust the curriculum to fit their needs, but while doing so I am learning so much about them, things that I may miss if I didn't see them all day.

There are difficult days, there are things that come up that are not enjoyable, it's hard not having time for myself, to have all my free time consumed with their schooling and prep--it is work, but I believe it is so worth it.

2 comments:
Loved this! I'm sure God is using homeschooling to mold you just as much as He is the girls. What a joy and blessing to teach your kids!
Jennifer
It IS so worth it! We've been homeschooling for more than a decade... Yes, free time is limited, BUT I think of this as a chapter of my life. Teaching them is the priority for this chapter. I'll be done in 8 years and have a mental short list of things I'll do when I no longer homeschool.
Think how fast your girls have grown! Persevere!
Post a Comment