Grace like Rain

Can you feel it?!

It is pouring down all over you! Look up, close your eyes, taste it on your lips, and then take a drink from the only source that can satisfy your deepest longings.

God's grace is like rain pouring down all over me and my stains are COMPLETELY and TOTALLY washed away.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

September


I love the northern coast in September (but I also love it in the winter, spring, and summer). School starts up, the temps drop, and suddenly the once crowded beaches are empty and everything is just so still, quiet. The beach becomes our private playground, where all treasures remain hidden until we happen to find them. I tend to be a lover of all things magical and if the magic isn't obvious, I search for it, or if I must--imagine it is there, but an empty new england beach, on a cool, foggy morning, or a cool evening at sunset, the magic is inescapable and the beauty overwhelming. I love checking out The Creators art work, it intoxicates me--I can't seem to find a way to breathe it in, and no matter what mood I am in, no matter what difficult thing life has brought my way, when I breathe in that ocean air--I find joy. Then once I again I am reminded of grace, and the ultimate gift that grace is, and everything else in life just becomes easier to handle--then my thoughts are filled with thanks to a Creator who offers grace so freely, and who surrounds us with His beautiful artwork as just an extra.


1 comment:

homeontherange said...

I've been waiting for September..to see an update. Thanks for reminding us about the effects of the ocean. Think we'll go there for some joy.