Grace like Rain

Can you feel it?!

It is pouring down all over you! Look up, close your eyes, taste it on your lips, and then take a drink from the only source that can satisfy your deepest longings.

God's grace is like rain pouring down all over me and my stains are COMPLETELY and TOTALLY washed away.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Here is a smile

This picture makes me smile. This wasn't just a family photo--this was life, REAL LIFE--and a taste of what life felt like, at that time, was captured and I love to look at it and 'remember'.

There are not good memories connected to this picture, in fact, I don't think I remember those days at all, but that is why I love it because it helps me see that I survived and life is MUCH easier now. Those are not smiles on our faces, they are looks of acceptance. Emma was in her usual state during those days--half dressed, frustrated. The babies were in their usual state--one screaming, one sleeping ( there was always someone crying ). I am holding on to many pregnancy pounds, haven't had a shower in...ahh....'shower, what's a shower?", my clothes are full of spit-up, Kevin and I are just getting by, with him on 3 hrs of sleep and sleep for me....hmmmm, sleep, I don't think I remember that word back then. (Next time I decide to have twins, please remind me to live within at least 2 1/2 hours of knowing at least 1 person...that would have helped)
It is good to be on the other side...Time to finish enjoying my day!

2 comments:

Jerry said...

I remember dropping in for a surprise visit (a real surprise because I lived 1,000 miles away) and just feeling so bad for you because the twins required constant 24 hour a day attention. I remember you on the couch at 3am, looking like a zombie, feeding one while the other slept and when the other would fall asleep the other would wake and it never seemed to end... You didn't sleep the entire time I was there and there wasn't anything I could do to help.

AmyLovesDavid said...

I prayed for you so much during that time. Couldn't even begin to imagine what you were going through...and having recently been through the early days with one baby, I just don't even have any grasp of what it must have been like with a toddler & two tinies needing non-stop attention. BUT! You made it through--by God's grace, you made it through! PTL!