(after Adam and Eve sinned and had to leave the garden) "....God loved his children so much to let the story end there. God had a plan. One day, he would get his children back. One day, he would make the world their perfect home again. And one day, he would wipe away every tear from their eyes. You see, no matter what, in spite of everything, God would love his children--with a Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love. And though they would forget him, and run from him, deep in their hearts, God's children would miss him always, and long for him--lost children yearning for their home. Before they left the garden, God whispered a promise to Adam and Eve: 'It will not always be so! I will come to rescue you! And when I do, I'm going to do battle against the snake. I'll get rid of the sin and the dark and the sadness you let in here. I'm coming back for you!' And he would. One day, God himself would come."
Grace like Rain
Can you feel it?!
It is pouring down all over you! Look up, close your eyes, taste it on your lips, and then take a drink from the only source that can satisfy your deepest longings.
God's grace is like rain pouring down all over me and my stains are COMPLETELY and TOTALLY washed away.
It is pouring down all over you! Look up, close your eyes, taste it on your lips, and then take a drink from the only source that can satisfy your deepest longings.
God's grace is like rain pouring down all over me and my stains are COMPLETELY and TOTALLY washed away.
Monday, November 05, 2007
Small but Strong
(Pictures/Title: Small but Strong because the little sunflower below was the only one that survived the last frost. Other pics are from the yard)
Most mornings I have devotions with the girls at breakfast. I have been reading from, The Jesus Storybook Bible, by Sally Lloyd-Jones. I LOVE that book.
I am saving the NT for Christmas and the New Year so we have started back at the beginning and are reading it over again. I read through the OT with them during the summer out of a more advanced Childrens Bible and so they already know most of the stories in true biblical form but this book has really helped pull all the stories into God's bigger plan, bringing Jesus into the world. It has been great for me. Here is a little taste....
(after Adam and Eve sinned and had to leave the garden) "....God loved his children so much to let the story end there. God had a plan. One day, he would get his children back. One day, he would make the world their perfect home again. And one day, he would wipe away every tear from their eyes. You see, no matter what, in spite of everything, God would love his children--with a Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love. And though they would forget him, and run from him, deep in their hearts, God's children would miss him always, and long for him--lost children yearning for their home. Before they left the garden, God whispered a promise to Adam and Eve: 'It will not always be so! I will come to rescue you! And when I do, I'm going to do battle against the snake. I'll get rid of the sin and the dark and the sadness you let in here. I'm coming back for you!' And he would. One day, God himself would come."
(after Adam and Eve sinned and had to leave the garden) "....God loved his children so much to let the story end there. God had a plan. One day, he would get his children back. One day, he would make the world their perfect home again. And one day, he would wipe away every tear from their eyes. You see, no matter what, in spite of everything, God would love his children--with a Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love. And though they would forget him, and run from him, deep in their hearts, God's children would miss him always, and long for him--lost children yearning for their home. Before they left the garden, God whispered a promise to Adam and Eve: 'It will not always be so! I will come to rescue you! And when I do, I'm going to do battle against the snake. I'll get rid of the sin and the dark and the sadness you let in here. I'm coming back for you!' And he would. One day, God himself would come."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What was the other advanced children's Bible that you read to them? I've been looking for books for Elizabeth & though she's a bit too young right now to appreciate them, I always like having personal recommendations for really good ones.....
Post a Comment